Best Mouthwashes for Gum Diseases among Adults and Children
A gum infection or a disease can be very painful for you, no matter what the reason for it is. You must believe that if you have a good dental hygiene then you might be away from these conditions, but unfortunately, that is not true. You can be exposed to gum diseases even if you practice good oral health care; it can be due to a number of factors. One way to keep them away is by using one of the best mouthwashes for gum disease. Some of us like keeping our mouth excessively clean and do many things to maintain the level of hygiene. However, in some cases, it can backfire. Let us look at things that you must avoid.
- Do not use toothbrushes that have hard bristles; this can cause trouble to your gums as well as your teeth. Moreover, if you have sensitive gums, you must definitely keep away from hard-bristle toothbrushes.
- Similarly, excessive or rough brushing can be harmful to your gums and teeth. You might be using a soft toothbrush, but if you brush in a rough or hard manner, you can still end up hurting your gums.
- Only use high-quality products. You would not want to compromise on the quality of products you use for healthcare as a side effect can be fatal for you.
If you encounter a gum disease, you must visit a doctor and get the necessary treatment to get your oral health back. Along with the medication and operation, if required, your doctor is most likely to suggest a pair of toothbrushes that are best suited for your teeth and gum type. Along with that, they would also suggest a couple of best mouthwashes for your gum disease.
Let us look at some of the best mouthwashes for gum disease for adults:
ThreaBreath Periotherapy Healthy Gums Oral Rinse
- This product is the highest rated among the best mouthwashes for a gum disease and works best to take care of all the gum related problems and diseases.
- The product is recommended by most dentists, it uses oxygen to work against the irritation in your mouth. It fights sore gums and periodontal problems.
- It is ideally the best mouthwash for gum diseases and is even used for gum diseases and conditions caused by pregnancy menopause.
- The product is 100% alcohol-free, gluten-free, and has no-added flavors. It has an active zinc content and tea tree oil which work against bacteria and gum problems.
The Natural Dentist Gums Rinse
- The active ingredient in this mouthwash is aloe vera, this makes it a natural product and one of the best mouthwashes for gum diseases.
- It is best for people who choose natural products as the herb extracts are what keeps the gums healthy and reduces the chances of a gum disease.
- It does not have any artificial flavors or chemical compounds. This reduces the chances of irritation or drying effects that are observed among other mouthwashes
Breathrx Anti-Bacterial Mouth Rinse
- Phillips’ Sonicare mouthwash, Breathrx, is one of the best mouthwash for your gums and is known to offer as many benefits as an electric toothbrush.
- It works on the two main issues of oral care by destroying sulfur-producing compounds and keeps your mouth plague-free.
Some children might adopt gum diseases as well as cavities; in such cases, doctors will suggest a mouthwash. Let us look at some of the best mouthwashes for gum disease for children.
Act Kid Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash
- This is one of the most recommended mouthwashes by dentists all over the world. It is more sensitive as compared to the ones that are available for adults.
- The product is a 100% alcohol-free and is approved by the American Dental Association. It is also considered as one of the best mouthwash for gum diseases.
- It has a high content of fluoride, thereby making it the best to fight cavities and gum disease. It also helps kids in avoiding tooth decay.
- It is gentle on the mouth of the kid, strengthens enamel, and has a refreshing taste that makes it easy for kids to adopt the habit of using a mouthwash.
Tom’s of Maine Children’s Rinse
- This mouthwash is one of the best mouthwash for gum disease as it uses natural ingredients and has no artificial flavors, fragrances, or preservatives.
- It uses a fluoride formula, like most of the mouthwashes for kids, to fight against cavities as well as prevent germ buildup, thereby protecting the gums.
- It is best effective when it is used as a pair with a fluoride toothpaste. This combination works better than the sole mouthwash.
- The product is dye-free, alcohol-free, and accepted by the ADA. The only drawback is its juicy minty flavor, which might not be favored by all children.